Although decades have passed since I was a teenager, I will never forget:
- feeling like I didn’t matter
- not having a voice
- that my opinion didn’t matter
- no school staff ever questioning me on my declining grades
- my guidance counselor shoving a course selection sheet at me… while she munched on lunch.
- only one teacher demonstrating an expectation of greatness from me. Thank you, Mr. McCale!
- a teacher telling a lie on me to her supervisor
- a teacher threating to get me kicked out of the Debutante Cotillion
- being misunderstood by most adults, including my mom
- pretending that everything in my life was okay when it was not
- my hair falling out (from stress)
- developing stomach ulcers at age 17 (not normal)
- feeling like I had no one to talk to
- making bad choices and not being forgiving for my mistakes
- never being told I could attend college
It is important to never forget where you came from. I remember and it’s why I started this page…
To help fill missing gaps in your life, so that you can become the best you possible.
Married mother of two children (ages 16 & 29) | 15-year career at a public high school | 19 1/2 year career in the Gaming/Hospitality Industry | B.A. (English Major) | Current Masters/Wellness & Lifestyle Management student | Fitness and wellness enthusiast | |Committed to serving underserved teens | Spirit for positivity |